Sierra Rittue is a 26yo Californian residing in western Massachusetts with her partner and their pets.
She carries two bachelor degrees from UMass Amherst: Anthropology and English with a specialization in Creative Writing. Currently a graduate student, she is working on her master’s degree in Library and Information Science with a focus on technology and can definitely help you find the answer to your question.
Her creative work has been published in Brave Voices Magazine, Rabid Oak, Mojave Heart Review, and elsewhere. For a complete list of published work, check out the creative writing link in the navigation bar.
SIERRA RITTUE IS A WESTERN MA-BASED
WRITER AND LIBRARIAN WITH TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
I am a creative problem solver and life-learner with a decade of customer service experience.
Professionally, I’m comfortable with web development and information architecture, database management, content management systems, and have experience with SaaS and inpatient pharmaceuticals within the healthcare industry. I am a proponent of professional growth, development, and collaboration.
technical documentation, copyediting, proofreading
user interviews, heuristic evaluations, personas, surveys, ethnographic research, remote testing, and benchmark evaluation
R&D projects, large-scale UX studies, event coordination
new hire training, documentation creation, developing education initiatives, disseminating information and other materials
SQL & NoSQL database management
MySQL, MS SQLServer, Oracle, Teradata, MongoDB
ADA and WCAG 2.0 compliance, screen reader compatibility, keyboard functionality, color contrast testing
Reference & Research
index creation, consultation, database utilization, bibliography and citations
- Coordinate the creation and implementation of 8 usability studies for the annual XGM two week conference with healthcare professionals across the globe
- Facilitate usability studies both internally and with customers, including remote usability study facilitation
- Serve as the R&D liaison for pharmacists and implementation managers in the creation of our Foundation Systems recommended build and workflows for Epic’s EHR software
- Manage the investigation of customer reportable issues and their publication; assist in the proofreading and editing of subsequent documentation
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Willow Inpatient pharmacy charging
- Acting application representative on auditing and protecting patient information and legal medical records through HIM/Identity applications
- Identify, document, and report bugs, errors, usability flaws, and other issues within the software
- Coordinate and ensure quality of testing of various development projects among 5 testers
- Managed the development of and tested several large projects to meet domestic and international healthcare needs
- Assisted Dr. Jason Kamilar with several ongoing research projects; most extensively on primate communities and biogeography in Asia
- Gathered peer-reviewed sources for references and managed the resulting database
- Collaborated with Dr. Kamilar on the creation of the lab blog using Wix
- Created and curated posts for the initial launch of the lab blog, posting about primatology and current lab research
- Trained a new undergraduate research assistant on project goals and lab protocol
- Assisted in publication of the journal
- Managed the organization and creation of various databases and spreadsheets through Excel
- Created and organized website index of past publications
- Curated posts on jubilat’s found art blog on Tumblr
- Digitally archived previous editions that were no longer in print